Applying for PAN Card Online is a simple process that does not require any documents physically to be submitted through postal or courier. If you have lost your PAN card or if you want to change the name on the PAN card or update other PAN Card details, then you can follow a more simple process online.
This process will allow you to apply for the PAN card Update online or Reprint/Correction of PAN Card such as incorrect name, photo, date of birth etc. The payment for update PAN card is very nominal and can be paid through any online/offline Channel and it may vary if you are applying for a PAN card under other categories such as trust, company, or limited liability partnership.
How to Update Name in PAN Card Online
This section includes all kinds of Updation in PAN card, including the name change. There are several reasons why you may need to make a change or update the name in PAN card, or you have actually changed your name (probably due to marriage or some other reason).
The method described below includes the Aadhaar E-KYC, so if your name is correct on the Aadhaar card, you can follow the steps given below and change it on the PAN card.
Also, Read This: What Are Different Types of Bank Accounts in India
If not, you must submit documentation that your name has changed or printed incorrectly. These documents include the publication of an authoritative gazette, marriage certificate and name change in other valid documents along with the right name, such as an invitation for marriage (with a document to show your spouse’s name) or passport.
This document depends on the reason you change your name, and you will know who needs you through the procedure below.
Documents Required for PAN Card
The list of documents required for PAN card is similar to applying for a new PAN card. You need documents for Identity Proof(Driving License, Aadhar Card), address proof(electricity bill, water bill, voter ID card), and Date of Birth Proof(Birth certificates, matriculation certificates).
These are the valid Documents Required for PAN Card Online Updation
- Voter’s ID Card
- Driving License (DL)
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Photo ID card issued by central government, state government
How to Apply for Reprint or Revision of PAN Card Online
These steps will help you to revise or reprint PAN card online application.
- Go to or visit NSDL or UTITSL website to reprint or update PAN card. We will do this via NSDL website, just follow all these steps.
- First, go to the NDSL website. Click on the drop-down menu under Application Type and select Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data / Reprint of PAN Card. Now fill in all the details, enter the captcha code, and then click Submit.
- After that, you have to choose how you want to submit documents for PAN. You can submit the documents through e-KYC, but this will require the Aadhaar Card. You can submit a scan photo via e-sign or you can send the document physically via postal. Here We submit documents through e-KYC(Steps could be varied if you choose other methods). Fill in all the fields marked with a red asterisk (star) that is mandatory to be filled and then click Next.
- Enter your personal information in the red asterisk (*) sign. Then click Next.
- Keep in mind that the information given by you should be matched with existing information on the Aadhaar card. If information differs from the information on the Aadhaar card, you will not be able to authenticate via Aadhaar until you fix it. After payment, it will be seen that both information is not related to each other. If this would happen, in this case, your money will be refunded. It is therefore advised to double check all the information before clicking on the submit button.
- Then select the document you want to apply with the application. After clicking on eKYC we filled out the requested information and clicked on Proceed.
- After doing this, Now you will see the fee (excluding online payment charges). Indian citizens will have to pay 120 Rs. & Rs. 1,040 for those outside India to reprint or update. Click Pay Confirm to pay.
- Enter information about payment details and pay the amount. After this, there will be a new page open that will show you that your transaction is successful. After this, you will get bank reference number and transaction number. Save these two and then click Continue.
- Now you will have to authenticate via Aadhaar. Tick the box below the Aadhaar card number and then click on Authenticate.
- If your personal information matches with what’s mentioned on the Aadhaar card, then click on Continue with e-Sign / e-KYC.
- Tick the checkbox, click Generate OTP.
- After this, Enter the OTP and click the Submit button.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page in which you will see the application form. Download it in PDF format and store somewhere, you will also be acknowledged via email.
Also, Read This: What is Difference Between IMPS|NEFT | RTGS
That’s the full process to reprint or update PAN card online. Once your application has been processed, your PAN card will be printed and sent to your address.