Summers are amazing, and it can be a lot of fun to go out to the beach or on holiday in the season. The only issue that we face, though, is the tanning that comes from being in the sun on the face and skin.
Before we get into how we can remove sun tan, let’s talk about what natural means when it’s in the context of beauty. It can be a vague term, but generally, it means that the products are made with ingredients that are minimally modified, be it plants or minerals.
When we talk about sun protection, natural would mean sunscreens that have minerals, and those minerals are used to block the UV rays. Or that the sunscreen doesn’t have oxybenzone, an ingredient that can cause allergies and affects hormones. Chemical formulas absorb the UVB and UVA radiation, but minerals reflect the radiation. Generally, it is suggested that you look for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide when you’re picking up a mineral sunscreen. Lotus Organics+ has sunscreens that offer these ingredients.
As mentioned, it is best to buy sunscreens from brands like Lotus Organics+ so you can protect your skin from getting tanned. Now we will talk about some home remedies that can help you remove sun tan from your skin.
Yoghurt and Tomato
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, and they can help in brightening your skin. Yoghurt has lactic acid that can help soften your skin.
- Remove the skin of raw tomato and blend it together with one-two teaspoons of yoghurt that is fresh. Apply this paste on your skin for 20 minutes and wash off.
Cucumbers can help for both tanned as well as sunburnt skin. It can cool and remove the tan from your skin.
- Squeeze all the juice out of shredded cucumber and apply it all over your face with a cotton ball. Let the cucumber juice dry and then wash it off.
Turmeric and Bengal Gram Flour
Bengal gram flour is also called besan and can lighten your skin, while turmeric is another brightening agent for your skin.
- Take a cup of the Bengal gram flour and mix it with one tablespoon of turmeric with some water to make a paste. Apply this paste to your skin and scrub off with lukewarm water after it dries.
The juice from a potato is often recommended to lighten dry skin. It is also naturally soothing to your skin.
- Apply raw potato juice to your skin, or use potato slices to do the same. Wash after ten minutes or so.
Papaya and Honey
Honey is known to be a moisturiser and has skin-soothing properties. It also has antioxidants that can help in the removal of free radicals. Papaya has natural enzymes and exfoliation properties.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to five smashed cubes of ripe Papaya. Apply this paste over your skin and wash off after half-an-hour.
Aloe Vera, Tomato and Masoor Dal
Aloe vera is known to moisturise and soothe the skin while tomatoes brighten up your skin. Massor dal, on the other hand, is used to remove sun tan.
- Soak two tablespoons of masoor dal in some eater until it’s soft. Drain all of that water out and blend it. Then add two teaspoons of raw tomato juice and one teaspoon of the aloe vera gel and blend. Apply this on the skin for twenty minutes and rinse out while massaging your skin.
Buttermilk and Oatmeal
Buttermilk has lactic acid that can improve your skin tone and soften it. Oatmeal is an excellent exfoliator.
- Soak about two teaspoons of oatmeal or some oats in water for about five minutes. Take that and add two-three teaspoons of buttermilk that is fresh and plain. Honey is optional. Mix all of this and apply this to your skin in a circular motion. Wash off after 20 minutes.
While all these remedies can help you, it is best to be prepared and protect your skin before going out in the sun. We hope that this article has encouraged you to buy natural sunscreens made out of minerals that can reflect and not absorb radiation.
Also, Read This: Best Ways To Enhance Hair Growth, Volume, And Thickness