Working with SEO meant sticking to two principal factors: producing better content and finding quality backlinks. However, it isn’t unusual to revisit your SEO strategy and think of discarding older techniques for fresh ones with changing times. Therefore, it is essential to review these techniques and contemplate if they still hold relevance in updating your SEO or just cost you resources such as time and money. Let’s learn more about Backlinks:
Should I Focus On Quality Or Quantity Of Backlinks?
We have received a bit of standard advice while working on our SEO to build backlinks to improve our ranking. However, no one can know for sure how many backlinks can boost your order. You should know that not all backlinks are equally valuable. In practice, you should ignore all spam links as they can push you towards a penalty.
It will help if you use any backlink check to ensure you have the most suitable links in your content. Since link building is not an easy endeavor, try and stick to quality backlinks. Once you get in the practice of finding good backlinks, they will help your least popular page rise in ranks and give more authority to your domain. However, link building also has numerous other advantages.
Advantages of Backlinks
Backlinking is an excellent practice to add to your SEO methods. They hold numerous advantages, and here’s how they can enable you to rank higher on the search engine results:
- Organic Traffic. It would help if you never underestimated the power link building can have on your content. Organic traffic that follows links can help the search engine rank your page higher. A well-placed link not only leads traffic your way but can bring a massive influx of visitors through backlinks. If your content gets links from other sites, this will help a steady traffic flow in your direction. It can also help you achieve your sales goals and help you generate profit for your brand.
- They Help Your Brand. Backlinks are visible to users and search engines alike. Consumers prefer spaces where they feel familiar. They see your brand’s link in other pages that can attest to your reputation. Chances are more than your keywords; your link-building strategy will expose you to your audience. The more you put your link on popular websites and pages, the more you’ll entice your consumers to seek you out, which again goes back to building your traffic.
- They Help You Build Relationships. Your users are essential in keeping your website relevant. Suppose they see something interesting on the internet, in most cases. In that case, they feel an inclination to visit the source of information and learn more about the content creator. It helps you cultivate a relationship between your content and your user. You may encourage them to join your newsletter or be a part of your email campaign. They may even follow your social media profiles and refer you to their social circle. All it takes is a specific link, and you find yourself reaching immense popularity and ultimately profit.
- Good Backlinks Can Promote You Immensely. Backlinks can become a part of your marketing strategy. They act as free advertisements. The entire purpose of having persuasive advertisements is to promote your content and your image.
Backlinks can do this much effectively without you exerting additional resources. While you create quality content, it is essential that link all your digital sites such as your Facebook or Twitter. Your website should act as a consistent source of information and don’t miss any opportunity to increase your chances of being found. It is also another way to give your domain authority and have a more substantial online presence by providing other websites an outlet for their linking strategy.
Disadvantages of Backlinks
While backlinks may help you while searching for potential investment platforms, it is essential to know what risks are associated with your decision. Like any other investment opportunity, backlinks come with their own set of risks. Unless you know them, you may not be able to make a sound decision. Here are these disadvantages:
- Penalty. Too many backlinks put one at risk of getting a penalty. The search engine may assume your website follows unethical SEO methods. It generally doesn’t encourage content creators to buy backlinks and may strike you off their indexing pages without any warning. This is bad as you’ll not only see a noticeable drop in your conversion rate, but your page will get harder to find.
- The SEO does not Entirely Depend on It. Suppose you have an excellent backlinking strategy and choose to buy numerous backlinks. If you do this, you’re putting yourself at an automatic disadvantage as purchased links give less value than natural backlinks. It also won’t help your SEO if you focus entirely on building backlinks and not working on your content. You should be aware that your SEO is a collaborative effort of different SEO techniques working in unison. Focusing on one may or may not help you, and you may end up wasting your time and money.
- Introduce Low-Quality Websites. The problem with backlinking is it is hard to navigate through popular links and low-ranking ones. Suppose you accidentally add a low-quality backlink to your content. Without paying attention, continue the same practice you end up penalizing yourself. Creating a website and maintaining it is not easy and starting from scratch is even more tedious. Therefore you need to be extra careful while placing links and looking for new connections. You may feel the need to fill your page with as many links as possible but avoid this habit.
- It Can Become Too Costly. While adding backlinks, you may end up spending more than necessary. Sticking to a budget is essential for any brand. Getting carried away to gain exposure may become harmful to your finances. If you end up spending money on low-quality and spammy backlinks, not only did you waste money you put yourself at a disadvantage.
You can see that although the advantages of having backlinks outweigh the disadvantages, you should not take the cons lightly. As a content creator, you need to focus on your brand and popularity and find optimal and cost-effective ways to do it. If you venture down the backlinking route, make sure you go for quality over quantity. Let your backlinks speak for your brand and promote your domain authority. It is also an excellent way to gain organic traffic. However, if you’re not careful, you may end up spending too much money and introduce low-quality websites that are counterproductive to your cause.
Also, Read This: Top 5 Web Content Writing Mistakes To Avoid